Louder Than a Bomb Contest!
Louder Than a Bomb is Nebraska’s largest youth poetry festival. As a Nebraska Writers Collective initiative, this festival encourages a friendly competition that emphasizes self-expression and community via poetry, storytelling, and hip-hop spoken word.
In the spirit of the Louder Than a Bomb finals this weekend, we’re GIVING AWAY a signed, limited edition of Ted Kooser’s Lights on a Ground of Darkness to one lucky winner!
To enter the contest, leave a comment on this blog post in Haiku form telling us why you think it’s important for youth to be exposed to poetry or get involved with initiatives like Louder Than a Bomb. The winner will be notified via email, so it is important you leave a valid, active email address when leaving your comment.
Good luck, and don’t forget to like our Facebook page to stay in-the-know on future events and giveaways!
Official Contest Rules:
- Contest starts at 9:00am Central Time on Thursday, April 18 and ends at 9:00am Central Time on Monday, April 22.
- Eligible entrants must be residents of Nebraska.
- There can be only one entry per person.
- Winner will be selected at random from a pool of eligible entries.
- Winner will be announced on Tuesday, April 23 and notified via the email address submitted with the comment, so entrants must leave a valid, active email address when leaving a comment.
- If the winner does not respond to communication from Nebraska Cultural Endowment within one week of being notified as the winner, a new winner may be selected.
- Prize will be distributed by snail mail within 30 days of announcing the winner.
- The Nebraska Cultural Endowment reserves the right to adjust the contest rules at any time.
- All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize is solely the responsibility of the winner.